Wondering if you’ve made the cut to Santa’s Naughty or Nice list? Well, we can’t tell. You look kinda cheeky at times and you’d surely indulged in a couple of (way too) expensive treats. Don’t worry if you haven’t climbed onto the Good List, though, we got you on ours, and we’re bringing you Dollarbird v3.3 with a bunch of updates and shiny new features.
What are you getting from us? Good stuff. A lot of good stuff, actually. We took our sweet time to wrap (up) this present for you (thanks for your patience, btw), but...
Here’s what’s fresh in Dollarbird:
- Photo upload! You can now take a photo of your receipts, invoices, etc. and attach them to a transaction.
- Automatic receipt detection (*experimental & on iOS only for now)! Once enabled in Settings, you just snap a photo of a receipt with your iPhone’s camera and it will magically appear in Dollarbird as an uncategorized transaction. We’re working on extracting the vendor and the total value of the receipt automatically so hang on! ;)
- New session handling! No more auto log-out. This fix should keep you in the app for a year.
- Horizontal swipe is back in the category breakdown chart! Open your stats and simply swipe left/right to get the numbers for the next/previous month. Now you can open transactions directly from the label detail screen too.
- Data export! This has been available on the web version until now, but as of today, you can export all your data from the mobile apps as well. Find this on the settings screen and your data will be emailed to you on request.
- “It’s not you, it’s me.” - Delete account. We hope this will be the least used feature. We’re not good at goodbyes, but we get it, you’re in a place where you have to focus on yourself. We heard you, don’t hurt us no more. If you want to break up with us, you can permanently delete your data and your account from within the app.
- Cash flow chart! Cash flow chart for everybody! Another beloved and much requested DB Classic feature is back. You can track and forecast your balance in custom time periods in Dollarbird 3 too. [on iOS only for now]
- Option to auto-hide past unconfirmed transactions. Yup, it’s in the Settings and you can choose to enable it, to keep your calendar clean and tidy. [on iOS only for now]
- Notes displayed in the calendar. From now on, the notes you add to your transactions will show up on the calendar’s transaction cards. [on iOS only for now]
- 3D Touch! You may add transactions and receipts directly from your phone’s home screen now.
- We’ve made the app iOS 12 and iPhone Xs Max/Xr compatible and done some UI improvements as well to make it more snappy.
- Yearly view of the category breakdown chart! You’re welcome.
Hope you’ll enjoy these new additions and improvements and they’ll help you manage your finances more efficiently. Try them out, play around with the features and let us know your feedback. We’d like to learn about your experience with the new version. Cheers!
Please sign in to leave a comment.